Akihiko Usami (宇佐見 秋彦, Usami Akihiko) is a minor character in Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. He is a prolific author.
Ritsu Onodera previously edited some of Akihiko's novels at Onodera Publishing, which Ritsu fondly recalls in flashback from time-to-time. Akihiko first appears briefly in such a flashback in the first episode.
In the second episode, Ritsu has a dream that the books he edited, all written by Akihiko, top the literature sales charts. The books are:
- The Box that Houses the Moon (月の宿る匣, Tsuki no Yadoru Hako)
- Nostalgia for the 25th Century (２５世紀ノスタルジャ, 25 Seiki Nosutaruja)
- All of Japan's Inverted Pandas in Pictures (全日本反転パンダ図鑑, Zen-Nihon Hanten Panda Zukan)
- Scarecrow (スケアクロウ, Sukeakurou)
As Ritsu celebrates the success in his dream, the novels change to shoujo manga volumes in his hands.
Akihiko is a supporting character in the season two episode Love is Without Reason, which is an adaptation of a Junjou Mistake story. He is a childhood friend of Isaka.
Akihiko is a main character in the Junjou Romantica series, which takes place in the same world as Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi.
In addition to writing the highly respected type of literature that Ritsu previously worked on, Akihiko is a prolific author of boys-love novels which he writes under the alias Aikawa Yayoi. Akihiko is in a relationship with Misaki Takahashi, who inspires some of his writing.
- Akihiko Usami on the Junjou Romantica wiki