Tonight is the company annual New Year’s Party and Onodera has to learn how to safely navigate through the crowd of publishers, editors, and authors. Onodera and the rest of the editorial team go to work early to finish up before the party is supposed to begin.
However, Onodera gets an unexpected call from his mother about An-chan - his arranged fiancee. Takano is shown to be upset about it, referring to An-chan as Onodera's "girlfriend" until the end of the party. Despite this rough patch, Takano soon begins to learn the truth about Onodera's true love.
- Zen Kirishima (cameo)
- Kyo Ijuuin (cameo), a mangaka
- Takuya Kusagawa, an employee of Animate who gives Ritsu his card
- Ritsu first meets Chiaki Yoshino, who writes under the female pen name Chiharu Yoshikawa. So Ritsu finds out that "Yoshikawa" is actually a man and has to swear that he won't reveal this secret.
- The Marukawa Publishing New Year's Party, and the first meeting between Chiaki and Ritsu, was previously depicted in the season one episode Go to The Sea, If You Would Fish Well. That episode shows the party from Chiaki Yoshino's perspective.
- The glossary term at the end of the episode is: "planning meeting".